Sunday, July 13, 2008

In this life





What a beautiful day...the glorious morning welcomed me with such exqusite sun and fresh warm air. 8 in the morning and i just felt too cozy sticked to the bed cover, eyes fixed to the source of the laughters from across the tiny broken road in front of the house.




Sunday. Amazing. Gonna love today!




Yesterday was my first day all alone at the house. Al and his gangs have gone to Lake Toba two days ago (?) and then Hotman fled to Bali for vacation.


"Can you get my rec. letter from my boss this afternoon, Jerry?" Hotman asked a few hours before he took a shower and left to the airport, "I got no much time left. I'mma call him now and said my friend will come and get it for me."


"Sure," said I while ironing the high pile of clean clothes which were mostly Al's and Green's from their luggage trips, "I'll go out, anyway, after finish with this ironing."


"I can ask him to give it to the receptionist and you can simply ask it from them."


"Okay. What's his name?"


"Sh***," and he went on desrcibe him for a while before it rang a bell in my head, "I know him!," I snapped. So, i knew who i was gonna see.


Kind of uncomfy going there again, to the hotel which mistreated me when i was ging to be recruited to be a room attendant, plus, Citibank is only a few hundred of meters from the hotel. But i managed got there without seeing anyone either from the Citi or from the hotel staffs who might recognized me.


"Hi, i'm in the lobby now. I'm Hotman's friend want to get the rec. letter."


"Okay, please wait down there. I'll go down right away."


Waited. Sat with Irving's memoir wide open. Waited. He rang back again after a while and asked me to see him in his room. He was surprised to see me and just like he said, "Wow! This world indeed is so small!" We talked for an hour or two then i headed to Sun.
When you are started to get used going places with a bunch of other friends, you will oddly feel lonely. No, lonely ain't the right word, it was rather Alone. But, that was the old me, i used to enjoy going places all by myself with books and pen in hand amd enjoyed every single moment of it. I was determined to finish John Irving's memoir book that very day, so i bought soda water and took a seat in the non-smoking area at the food court. It felt nice. I felt at home. Being in a crowd yet having my own space and comfy zone...and doing my fave long-abandoned hobby is always an ultimate time killing.
Choosing a food court as your abiding place for cozying up has its own disadvantage; people give you That look, and, there is always songs coming from thousands of directions, not to mention the overexcited laughters and....yes, most of the visitors are minors in funny outfits. But that's what life looks like, colorful and hectic at the same time.
Lamro also went along with his groups to Lake Toba earlier that day, "Come along with us!" Of course i'd love to, but i got Kiko to take care for and the house, and the flowers, and the idea of seeing Al gets disappointed is a big no.
Indeed, it was a perfect day for having fun outside, getting closer with the mother earth, kiss the lips of the lake, breathe in the fresh air of the village and attending the Lake Toba Festive Days which is curently being held.
But I was enjoying my may down here, as well. And i turn up the radio and always sing along with Avenged Sevenfold and with whatever songs coming out of that black old radio. F.U.N
As of for today, i cleaned up my bedroom and made it cozier.
...and it's been good.

No comments: