
I know i'm not a born writer, in fact, am awfully a lousy one. I'd fall asleep when i'd write the fourth sentence. And, writing is my best medicine to Imsoniac. Not the radio nor TV, nor the eye mask which Al gave before their S'pore trip.
And the lesson from Irving in terms of being a writer or even being your ownself is: "...The wonderful and terrifying thing about the first page of paper that awaits the first sentence of your text book is this clean piece of paper is completely unimpressed by your reputation, or lack thereof; that blank page has not read your previous work--it is neither comparing you to its favorite among your earlier novels nor is it sneering in memory of your past failures. That is the absolutely exhilirating and totally frightening thing about beginning--I mean each and every new beginning. That is when even the most experienced teacher becomes a student again and again."
Well said!
No comments:
Post a Comment