|« Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad supports a new Iranian film showing the conquering of Jerusalem, which he has advocated throughout his political career.|
(Atta Kenare/AFP/Getty Images)
March 29, 2011 | From theTrumpet.com
A feature-length documentary film produced by a top adviser to Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad claims that the current unrest in the Middle East is a signal that the Mahdi—or Islamic messiah—is about to appear. Former Revolutionary Guards officer Reza Kahlili, who defected to the West after spying on behalf of the cia inside Iran for more than a decade, obtained a bootleg copy of this new film and turned it over to Western media sources.
The narrator lists the following world events as prophesied “signs” of the Mahdi’s return:
- The United States and Western colonial powers will invade Iraq.
- The people of Egypt will rise up against their ruler.
- A revolution will take place in Yemen, which will provide the first soldiers of the Mahdi to reach Mecca.
- King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia will die, ushering in a final period of unrest and conflict with Israel.
- Ahmadinejad and Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah will lead Islamic armies to conquer Jerusalem.
- Ayatollah Khamenei, the supreme leader of the Islamic Republic of Iran, will personally deliver the flag of Islam into the hands of the Mahdi in person.
The leaders of Iran believe that the current violence and turmoil in the Middle East are signs of the imminent triumph of their version of Islam. This belief will definitely make Iran—and its allies—much more bold in its attempts to violently wrench Jerusalem away from Israeli control.